Hooray for Alternative Gifts!
New Community Project is all about giving people good options -
from girls wanting to go to school rather than a sweatshop, to women
looking for skills training to help them reach their potential, to planting
trees and protecting forests to give nature - and us - a chance to thrive.
Same with our network - what are good alternatives when it comes to
showing appreciation for the people you care about? We have a few ideas!
Pick one or more of the items below, let us know what you want to give to
whom by when, and we'll send them a gift card or send you a card to give
them - or print your own card from this file!
- Every $1 plants 10 trees in Africa or Asia or 2 mangrove saplings in Nigeria
- $5 buys shoes for a schoolgirl
- $8 buys a school kit (backpack, notebook, pens)
- $40-$200 keeps a girl in school for a year (depends on the location
and grade level; an average would be $60, so $75 would outfit her with
scholarship, shoes, backpack and supplies)
- $40-$500 provides a microloan for a woman in Myanmar, Nepal,
South Sudan or Congo (of course any amount is welcome, as we add it in with all other
contributions and then send the requested amount to our partners for distribution to the
- $110 protects a quarter acre of rainforest in Ecuador
- $130 gets a bike ($90) and a scholarship ($40) for a girl in Malawi
who lives 14 miles from high school
- $140 buys a sewing machine for a tailoring course graduate in Congo or Rwanda
- give a general gift to our Two (!) Million Tree Campaign or to Give a Girl a Chance
Send pertinent info to email@example.com. Payment method is your choice: pay
on the Donate page of the website, Core budget tab (there's also a Venmo option there),
or send a check to NCP, 117 Nature Road, Blue Ridge, VA 24064. As always, 100 percent
of donations to our Special Projects go to the programs themselves - indeed!
And there are always our cool NCP t-shirts - stylin' while promotin' an alternative world!
Samples below - varied colors and sizes available. $15 short-sleeved, $20 long-sleeved